Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happiness or misery? Hell no to misery...

 
 
In every situation that I find myself in, I choose to be cheerful and happy. I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness OR the greater part of our misery, TRULY depends upon our disposition.  It most definitely does not depend on our circumstances.  Trust me, I've been "Down in the dumps" with my attitude in my own personal privacy but, when I choose to change the inner attitude of my mind, in changes outer aspects of my life.  My faith becomes stronger and I can "live" another day :)
 
Our family has had many challenges.  We've had many arguments and disagreements. We are, by all means, NOT PERFECT.  Because My hubby and I, no matter how grouchy we may be, have still the same ultimate goal to make it work in all situations, we simply...make it work!  We love each other and we love our children.  We've both grown up in different family lifestyles and we choose to adopt some practices we grew up with and disregard others.  Our upbringing made us stronger.  We, never once, used our upbringing as an excuse but used it as a motivation to provide our kids with a loving home with loving parents. 
 
I had such a nice bonding time with Tainoa tonight building his Halo model.  He got it for his birthday from Aunt and Uncle and he absolutely LOVES it.  The vibe of happiness is so strong with this kid.  I love it!  Feeling his happy vibe tonight MORE SO comforted me that our decisions were right in all angles.  The kids are happy!  That's what matters.
 
Situations are tough financially but there is always time to spend with family.  That's what makes me happy.  I choose to focus on this verses the stress that comes with that "next bill" that will come in the mailbox.  I choose to focus on the kids verses the noise I hear in our car that absolutely needs fixing.  YES there are many challenges and I can list them all...but I choose not to.  No, I don't think they are less important but there are somethings you can't change right now so what is left but the power of prayer and faith that all will work out.  I choose a disposition of all things positive.  As long as I have God in my life, I have strength and will continue to do what is right for my Ohana whom I love dearly!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment